December 20, 2010

a little baking, a little snow, a little Christmas fun


I thought I'd share this cheesecake recipe with my readers. It's so beautiful with those luscious, red raspberries on top making it perfect for any Christmas soiree. A friend of mine posted a link to it on her blog before Thanksgiving and raved about it so I thought I'd give it a try. It's an Ina Garten recipe and I just love her. She seems to be a really classy lady with tried and true recipes. One thing I dislike are recipes that don't live up to the accolades they've been given. Rest assured this one is a winner. Visit my friends blog and check out her crafty inspirations and recipes. She's got the 12 days of Christmas-handmade gifts going on right now.


We had our first considerable snow fall last week and the kids got all bundled up and headed outside to play in the white stuff. Just look at those rosy red cheeks... so kissable!


The decorations always look so much better with a beautiful white backdrop.


Our community is hosting a tour of lights this year. They made a contest out of it and awarded four lucky homeowners with a prize and a sign for their yard. We were fortunate enough to win the Grand Prize! We are so excited!

Another topic...
So my hubby asked when I was going to give him a nickname when I refer to him on my blog. You know how Pioneer Woman calls her hubby "Marlboro Man" another blogger refers to her husband as "Sugar Daddy". Should I start referring to my hubby as "Sparky" from "Christmas Vacation"? LOL I better give that more thought. I don't think he would appreciate that.


My son sat on Santa's lap telling him all about what he would like for Christmas. He was there for quite a while and was very serious about his Christmas wishes. Adorable! This guy looked like the real deal and almost made me want to sit on his lap with my Christmas list.


The night we went to visit with Santa there were other festivities going on. We took a horse drawn wagon ride. The Belgian work horses were absolutely gorgeous. The owner had them all decked out in jingle bells and red ribbons.

Our littlest got to say hello to the "Gingerbread Man".

I hope you and your family have been able to enjoy this Christmas season.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

2 comments:

  1. Friend, thanks for the link! I am so in agreement...that darn cheesecake was outrageous and absolutely beautiful for the holidays!
    Your home is always gorgeous, and I always loved admiring it at Christmastime- you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures Jenny!! Beautiful family and love reading the blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails