November 4, 2010

not always blue skies, but rainy day's = productive days for me

This is what it looks like today outside my office window.


What do you see out your window?

I love a rainy day? The kids sleep in a little longer and that means I'm able to get a head start on my day. This morning I made an apple pie, baked a couple loaves of light wheat, french bread, and put a pork tenderloin in the slow cooker using this recipe. I'm going to serve it with garlic, mashed potatoes on a bed of arugula. Doesn't that sound yummy? I also did a couple loads of laundry and now I'm getting a chance to post on my blog.

The kidlet's have been enjoying their new movie, Toy Story 3, while I bake, get dinner started and tidy up the house.

Here's a photo compilation of some of what my day has entailed:







I recently put together a blog banner design for The Broughton Family. Stacey was my giveaway winner from a while back. Here's a peek at a comp. There may be some changes but until then I'll post what I've got.



I've also been working on a logo for a new client of mine. I'm really excited to be designing for them. They are some of the nicest, hard working, people you'd ever meet. When it's complete I'll post the finished product. Then it's on to their website and possibly some print materials.

I hope you've had a productive day as well.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful pie!! I, too, enjoy the increased productivity of rainy days. My kids nap extra long and I can usually tackle a closet or the basement. Man! We are some wild women :)
    I love the broughtons new banner, too! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baked goods look yummy! Cute pic of the kiddoes and beautiful banner design.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails