November 12, 2010

Bathroom Makeover

It's been a while since I posted. I seem to work in spurts. Truth be told my internet service and my computer have been acting up all week. So I've been archiving file after file to clean off my MAC Daddy of a computer and I ordered new operating system software as well as the new CS5 upgrades and a new magic mouse. :~) I can't wait to install everything and freshen up my work zone.

On another note...
This weekend we will be undertaking a bathroom remodel. Wish us luck! We've never laid tile before. There was some water damage to the existing builder grade flooring and so my hubby cut a hole in my oldest daughter's bedroom wall to see exactly where the source of the leak was. He discovered it will be a simple fix and now we'll be replacing the flooring with some really pretty tumbled tile. Everything in this bathroom needs to remain light and bright because it's very small and it has no natural light. Once the tile is down we [he] will install white, bead board, replace bathroom fixtures and I might even get away with purchasing a new mirror for the space. We've [he's] got four days to complete the entire bathroom with three kids underfoot. Can it be done? I'll keep you posted.

I plan to post before and after photo's next week. Until then I believe we've decided on the lighter of the two shades of tile and the "Biscuit" colored grout.


Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections.

Jenny K.

2 comments:

  1. The type or design of the sink you choose can have a big impact on the look and feel of your bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I am thinking of you guys this weekend! It can be so rough to undertake such projects with kids underfoot. Hope it goes smoothly and I KNOW it will be gorgeous...just like everything you do!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails