October 24, 2010

sunday seven

Good morning...

It has been quite a while since I posted to Blue Sky Confections. When things happen that throw my concentration it takes a bit for me to get back on track. 2010 has been one of the toughest, most stressful years on record in our 14 years of marriage and in my life. I won't go into great detail but it has been. The one thing that gets me back on track is having an attitude of gratitude. Being thankful for each day I have to spend with my children and my husband. Having thankfulness in my heart makes me so much more productive.


1. I am thankful for the walks I was able to take with my youngest two, one of which was a hunt for acorns. I've got a little project up my sleeves for those. My son kept telling me, "I love acorns"!

There was a stream near by and he was throwing them in like skipping stones and saying, "I'm feeding the snakes". That was my doing. Telling him that there may be snakes in the stream was my way of keeping him out of the water.


I told my son to give his sister a kiss. The photo on the left was me trying to capture that kiss. Almost but not quite.


There's something about breathing in the fresh air and soaking up the sun that makes you happy. The kids are always more loving when they get to play outside and take in all that God's creation has to offer.

2. I'm thankful I made some more progress on that piece of furniture that I'm painting. I have to sneak in a little time here and there. The kiddo's keep me busy most days.

3. I'm thankful I was able to work on a new project for my baby girls room. I hope to post that soon.

4. So thankful for a rainy Tuesday. The kids always sleep a little longer which gives me a quiet morning to reflect and to have a cup of coffee in peace. Not to mention our water tables are going up, the rivers and streams in this area are starting to flow again which made my walks with the kids even more pleasant. They love hearing the water flowing.

5. Thankful I was able to do a little bit of yard clean up. I cut back a lot of old growth on my plants. One of the cuttings I was able to use for some fall home decor and will hopefully be posting that soon.

6. Thankful I was able to take my oldest daughter to another riding lesson yesterday. The farm is gorgeous, the weather was perfect and the horses are always winsome and majestic.


Olivia was able to ride a new horse at the farm last week. His name is "Simon Says" and he's the Palomino Quarter Horse in the photo below. I wasn't able to get pictures of that. I was running errands and my hubby took her to that lesson.


7. ...and last but absolutely not least. I had a wonderful, quiet dinner with the love of my life. Remembering that there is an attraction between the two of us. It's been a few years since we'd gone on a date. All three of our children were with babysitter's. There was good conversation, ambiance and wonderful food. Some of the best I'd eaten in a long time.

Much love to my readers until my next post.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections!

Jenny K.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautful list! Your children are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails