September 24, 2010

what are you thinking about?

This morning I've got a lot on my mind. I'm thinking about what I'd like to get accomplished for the day. I'm considering hauling my kids up to WalMart or Target and purchasing some storage bins so I can more effectively organize some of my closet spaces. This task was inspired by my friend Leah over at Places Called Home who recently published an article on her blog about closet cleaning and storage. There just so happens to be a community wide yard sale tomorrow so it's the perfect time to purge.

I'm thinking about the giveaway that I am announcing a winner for tomorrow on my blog. I've only had TWO people enter. I guess there weren't many people at the 5k that blog or know of someone that blogs. So that's the bad news! The GOOD news is I'm going to open the blog banner design giveaway to everyone out there in the blogosphere. SO if you are a blogger or you know someone who blogs enter this giveaway by FIRST visiting my website "O" Design Factory", flip through my portfolio and then come back here to my blog and leave a comment on this post letting me know what your favorite portfolio piece happens to be. Scroll down to where it says [COMMENT] click on it and type away. You don't have to have a google account to leave a comment. You can do so anonymously. Just be sure to leave your email address in the comment so I have a way of contacting you if your name is drawn. I really hope I get more responses this time.

So back to my thoughts for the day...

I want to get my daughter started in riding lessons for this fall but her school bus route has changed and she's getting home almost a full hour later and that gives us no time at all to get to lessons. Doesn't she look so happy with a horse beside her though. I may have to arrange something with the instructor. I hope she can make an exception.


I'm also thinking about a new friend I made, Jen, from Green Hearts Farm. She gave me a jar of the most amazing Damson Plum Preserves. It tastes like it's been simmered with wine and pairs wonderfully with the light wheat bread I made this week. She does a farmers market in Short Pump with all of her homemade goodies and fresh produce. If you travel to that area you need to check out her stand on Saturday mornings.

My neighbors are in my thoughts today as they participate in the Ragnar Relay. It's going to be a hot one and I hope they keep themselves hydrated! Keep up the amazing accomplishments you guys!!!

There's a lot more but I'll have to save that for another time. I must wrangle my kids into the car and head to the mad house they call WalMart so I can get to work on my remaining closets.

Thanks for stopping by Blue Sky Confections today!!!

Stay tuned... I hope to post another completed project very soon.

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking that I'd like to know what you are selling at that yard sale :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails