September 9, 2010

look what the UPS guy dropped off at my door yesterday...


My swank, new business cards for "O" Design Factory. They match my updated website. I was handing out old cards to potential clients that look nothing like my website so it was about time. That is a huge faux pas when you're a graphic designer, if you know what I mean!



Which leads me to this...


A    D   E   S   I   G   N     G   I   V   E   A   W   A   Y

I recently had the privilege of working on some race materials for the Ladysmith Village 5k. Since I donated my time to this event my fab "O" gets screen printed on the back of the race shirts AND I get to put something into the goody bags that are being handed out to all registered racers. I thought and thought about this. Should I print my logo and contact info on sticky pads or ink pens like everyone else does? Should I drop in my business cards that may get tossed by those who do not need graphic design services at the time? Then it hit me. The object is to get people to want to learn more about the companies and organizations that are supporting this 5k race. Have you guessed what I'm putting into the goody bags? Well hang on I'll tell you... It's a postcard with all the details on how to enter and possibly win a blog banner design. The drawing will be held exactly one week after the race on September 25th at 12 noon. The winner will be announced on this blog. You might be saying, "I don't have a blog, I don't need a banner design." Maybe you have a friend or family member that blogs and would love to be the recipient of this prize. Don't count yourself out.

Now, in order to be entered you must visit my design site at www.odesignfactory.com and look around then click on my blog link and leave a comment on what portfolio piece happens to be your favorite. Then become a follower of Blue Sky Confections. In your comment please leave your email address so I can contact you if you're name is drawn.

The winner must supply their blog name, any photo's that they may want used, a company logo if applicable and any other details. Please allow 2-3 wks. for finished design upon receiving all the necessary elements. Design will be supplied as a web ready jpg file via email.

Okay, so that's that! You need some race information so if you live in and around the area you can enter the LSV 5k. It just so happens to include dinner, a concert, and a great looking t-shirt PLUS the goody bags and you can't beat the registration fee of $25 bucks. YEAH! The kids 1k is only $10 bucks.

Online registration for the race is being handled by Race Timing Unlimited. Go register!

...and now here's a little preview of the t-shirt design...
  

The kids 1k race shirts are an autumn maroon, the adults 5k are an olive tone & the volunteers have a burnt orange t-shirt all with the same town clock graphic. Don't miss out on a fun and healthy, family friendly event.

3 comments:

  1. Jenny,
    I checked out your site www.odesignfactory.com and enjoyed looking through your portfolio. The campaigns and advertising links weren't working for me, but I enjoyed looking at the other links. My 2 favorites were The 9 Lives and Race for the Cure campaigns and I loved the "Everything Gardening" logo. You truly have a natural talent!! I am also enjoying the blog and LOVE the raisin bread! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Jenny! I am so excited to get my shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new cards sure are spiffy! I love what you did for BB&T but everything is fabulous, of course!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails